Choosing a secure document portal can be tough. Here are some options (and their costs) to consider when deciding between client portals.
5 Reasons to Use Client Portals in 2022: Today’s “Magic Potion” for Document Collection
Online client portals are becoming the new standard for collecting documents, improving productivity and eliminating potential security risks associated with sending sensitive data over email. Here are 5 reasons to use client portals this year.
To save time and hassle in the wizarding world, Harry Potter and the Weasley family (and other wizards) can transport themselves anywhere with a magical fireplace and floo powder. On the flipside, many departments — especially those in financial services, legal, insurance, human resources, and academic enrollment — are still using email to request documents and other information from their customers, employees, and students. Many could use some document collection magic to streamline the document-intensive process that typically includes endless paperwork, back-and-forth forms, and signatures.
Today's magic potion for Document Collection
Digital tools and client portals can streamline this cumbersome and often error-prone process, reduce handling errors, and improve efficiencies — while keeping data safe and compliant. Online client portals are becoming the new standard for collecting documents, improving productivity and eliminating potential security risks associated with sending sensitive data over email. FileInvite isn’t magic, but it can automate and simplify document collection and management in a secure, no-hassle way.
"Workflow and content automation is a critical enabling factor for business growth. Our latest research highlights key trends and who is making an impact," said Jim Lundy, CEO and lead analyst at Aragon Research. "FileInvite has a unique and scalable solution to document collection for the enterprise, and its organization features help enterprises maintain responsive workflows."
All aboard the Hogwarts FileInvite express
The Power of the Portal
Cloud-based client portal software is helping organizations to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and improve the customer experience. FileInvite, for example, can store and organize massive amounts of data, attachments, and files, all in a repository that is easily and intuitively managed. With automated document collection, no magic wand is needed to enable:
- Collection of documents on-demand
- Viewing and approval documents
- Document storage in the cloud
- Offline document scanning to upload later for easy access
- Integration with other software to provide a seamless experience
FileInvite's client portal for requesting documents
Here are five reasons why organizations are looking to client portals for document collection:
- Empower staff. When you provide your organization’s staff with a client portal, you are empowering them to collect documents quickly and easily. This saves time and money, making the process more efficient for everyone. Look for client portal solutions that provide automated reminders.
- Streamline business processes. Client portals that collect documents can streamline business processes by making it easier and faster to get the information you need from your clients and customers. Documents are digitized as they come through your client portal, then securely stored on a server that only authorized users can access.
- Collect documents securely from anywhere in the world. Client portals provide a secure and efficient way to collect documents from clients remotely, reducing transit time.
- Improve data security. When it comes to document collection, client portals provide improved data security vs. email. Client portals are secure and encrypted, giving your clients peace of mind that their information is safe. And unlike email, client portals eliminate the need to send attachments, reducing the risk of blocked email by spam filters or junk folders.
Implementing a SOC 2-compliant document portal is the best way to protect your business and your clients. SOC 2 compliance is essential for any organization seeking a client portal solution. The SOC 2 certification shows that your organization has met the rigorous security and data privacy standards required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The SOC 2 certification allows you to demonstrate that you are dedicated to providing a secure and compliant solution.
- Increase customer satisfaction. When you use a client portal, you can be sure that your customers are getting the best possible service and experience, making document collection easy and convenient.
“As the world shifts toward digital solutions, ensuring that your information (customer data, trade secret info, etc.) is secure is critical. Document management systems come with built-in security and access controls so you determine who can access certain documents. In addition, you can see all activity on any given document,” echoes Business News Daily.
For those who lose track of things, there’s the “summoning spell,” Accio, which makes things magically appear. Or, there’s FileInvite. Organizations that use FileInvite have seen a 35% increase in productivity. Don’t take our word for it, listen to FileInvite’s customers.
Talk about digital transformation magic!