In the current environment competition for leads is ever growing. Ensuring that you are in the decision set for potential customers and even ahead of competitors is paramount.
Take the following as a preliminary check for high performing mortgage professionals.
- If they can’t reach you on the phone they’ll visit your website Make sure your website is accessible on mobile devices now. With a WordPress website this may be as simple as enabling a mobile version or template, so call your web guy now!
- Let them start the process Qualifying a contact often requires just a few details. Creating a simple “contact us” form, readily accessible from your home page, or a way for them to submit documents for a loan application can get them rolling with the process. Heck they could even be doing this while you sleep or are on another call.
- Be across your response times The chance of you making successful contact with a lead are 100 times greater when you respond within 5 minutes when compared to responding 30 minutes after the lead was submitted. The odds of that lead entering the sales process or becoming a qualified lead, are 21 times greater when contacted within 5 minutes versus 30 minutes after the lead was submitted.” (Oldroyd, 2007)
- If they’re a hot lead, respond FAST! In research conducted by InsideSales.com, 35–50% of all sales go to the vendor that responds first. If you think about it, it seems right.I see marathon runners always grab a cup from the first to extend their hand. If you have a contact come in from your website, or even better, they send you basic loan documents, you can guess they have done a fair amount of research and are in the right frame of mind to buy now.
- Let social proof reinforce your message If your clients are ever in doubt. A great way to instill confidence is a recommendation. I’m sure we’ve all tried a restaurant that a family member had raved about on Facebook. You may not have a recommendation from one of their family members but what about your existing customers that could write a testimonial for our website or even better record a video of how great the experience was.
While it might take a while to convince Bob to give you a video testimonial, adjusting your response times and investigating ways to streamline your onboarding process will have immediate impact on your deals closed, so get cracking.